NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: Chex Mix School Snack Stack-Up (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program (the "BTFE Program") to win. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, your school can enroll by calling 1-888-799-2444 or visiting http://www.boxtops4education.com. Employees of General Mills Sales, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") and an instant win game (the "Instant Win Game"). The General Mills Box Top for Education-eligible school ("BTFE-Eligible School") of winner's choice will only receive the prize as long as the designated school complies with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. To be considered a BTFE-Eligible School, the school must be registered with the BTFE Program for the current academic school year prior to entry. Only BTFE registered schools can redeem Box Tops. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents to redeeming school. Limit $20,000 per school, per school year for Box Tops redeemed through the Clip Program. See www.boxtops4education.com for program details.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: > The Promotion begins on January 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.chexmixstackup.com and complete and submit the registration form including the BTFE-Eligible School you wish to receive the prize, subject to BTFE Program rules, and your valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Once on the Instant Win Game page, follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game to determine if you are a potential winner. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may enter/play one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. A "day" is understood to mean a calendar day from 12:00am ET through 11:59pm ET. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Tell A Friend Program: After you enter the Promotion, you will be invited to submit the names and email addresses of up to three (3) friends who are eligible to enter the Promotion. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Promotion. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship. For each referral of up to three (3) friends with a valid email address each, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes up to a total of three (3) additional entries per day and a maximum of ten (10) additional entries during the entire Promotion Period. Referred friends need not enter the Sweepstakes in order for you to earn the additional entry.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners, from all eligible entries on or around April 1, 2013. Instant Win Game: One thousand eighty five (1,085) random, computer-generated winning times, one for each prize listed below, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. In the event that a potential winner of the Grand Prize or First Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. For each Grand Prize and First Prize, at least five (5) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, remain un-awarded. Unclaimed Second Prizes and Third Prizes will remain un-awarded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall use best efforts to award all prizes listed in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Prizes: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: A case of Chex Mix for the winner and 30,000 eBoxTops® to be awarded to the BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Case of Chex Mix: $33.48, ARV of 30,000 eBoxTops®: $3,000.00. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize per person/per email address and per school.
Instant Win Game Prizes: FORTY FIVE (45) FIRST PRIZES: A case of Chex Mix. ARV of each first prize: $33.48. FORTY (40) SECOND PRIZES: A Chex Mix-branded blue tote. ARV of each second prize: $5.00. ONE THOUSAND (1,000) THIRD PRIZES: 10 eBoxTops® to be awarded to the BTFE-Eligible School of winner's choice. ARV of 10 eBox Tops: $1.00. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays divided by the number of prizes available. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person/per email address.
For All Prizes: One (1) eBoxTop is worth one (1) Box Top, or $.10 to a school participating in the BTFE Program. eBoxTop credits will be automatically submitted to the chosen school's account after confirmation of Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game winning status. The eBoxTop credits will be held in a "pending" status two (2) to three (3) days after confirmation of Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game Winning status. Within two (2) to three (3) weeks, the eBoxTops credits will be confirmed. Individuals cannot redeem eBoxTops® or Box Tops for cash. eBoxTops® prizes will be awarded directly to schools in accordance with the Official Rules of the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program available at www.boxtops4education.com. Winner and the designated BTFE-Eligible Schools are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Prize and one (1) Instant Win Game prize per person/per email address. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $11,807.04.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner and the designated BTFE-Eligible Schools agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, ePrize, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, electronic error or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/I2bniR. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. Box Tops for Education and associated words and designs are trademarks of General Mills, used with permission.
©2013 General Mills, Inc. ©2013 ePrize, LLC. All Rights Reserved.